Hamortex Hammer Cushions and Pile Cushions are manufactured by
laminating thin aluminum sheeting with either Kevlar or a special
fibre, and then rolled or
stacked to the desired
thickness. - - - - - - - - -
- - - Specifications
Return to M.R.E.Co. Home
Advantages to Hamortex.
- Heat dissipating system in the fibre prevents burning.
- Conforms easily to irregular and non-parallel surfaces.
- Easily installed by simply fitting the roll to the cup by
unwinding the excess!
- Does not work harden; stack can be rebuilt by adding more
- Two grades of material to choose from:
HAMORTEX-S: For light to medium driving.
HAMORTEX-X: For hard continuous driving.
- Coefficient of Impact 0.45-0.50 (plywood gradually hardens
from 0.25 to0.6).
- Modulus of Elasticity
Es at 2000 lb/in.sq. = 90,000
Es at 3000 lb/in.sq. = 116,000
- Modulus of Resilence (ability to lower the impact peak by
extending the time travel.)
U at 2000 lb/in.sq. = 1.9 ft. lbs/cu. in.
U at 3000 lb/in.sq. = 3.2 ft. lbs/cu. in.